You might recall a previous blog I posted about wanting to do regular segments that summarize my current Top 5 favorite things. Here is the second installment and it happens to all be Disney related. Because, well, you can’t have too much Disney. (Click the links for more info on each topic!)
1. At the top of my bucket list is to take a voyage on a Disney Cruise. The need to check that item off the list has never been greater than it is today. Disney Cruise Line announced STAR WARS DAY!!! Can you just imagine Chewbacca on a cruise ship? I’m most excited about at-sea screenings of the Star Wars movies as well as “unique food and beverage offerings.” For more information about planned events and dates, click here.
2. I can resist a lot of shopping urges. Shoes, however, don’t make the cut. I have no will power and I wish I were kidding when I say I buy a new pair of shoes at least once a month. So, when I saw that the top designers had partnered with Disney to design real life Cinderella Glass Slippers, I was beyond excited! (Plus, lately I've had a major shoe crush on Stuart Weitzman and his Cinderella ankle boot is simply stunning. Too bad I don’t have an extra $3500 lying around… ) Some of the crystal pumps look better as sketches, but Stuart and Jimmy don’t disappoint. Which ones are your favorites? Are any of them better than the Louboutin & Disney colab of 2012?
3. Disneyland announced the plans for its 60th Diamond Celebration. That’s right people. DIAMONDS. Fireworks will be bigger, shows will be bolder, and they are bringing back favorites such as the Mad T Party. My favorite announcement, however, are the plans to cover the castle in sparkling diamonds. The mockups of what this will look like leave me speechless (see above) and I may have to splurge on a trip to see it in person. The artwork for merchandise is also, of course, fantastic, and you can check it out here.
4. A guy hired an artist to draw his girlfriend as her favorite Disney characters for Valentine’s Day and the world agreed it was the second greatest Valentine’s Day gift of all time. (Mine was the first – I got the Disney Pandora Bracelet!!!)
5. It’s sort of old news now, but Disney announced Emma Watson would be starring as Belle in the live-action film of Beauty and the Beast. While I saw a few people leery of the decision, the majority vote seems to be in favor. Personally, I could not be more pleased with this announcement. I squealed in the office when I read the news! Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie, my name is Jordan, and I approve of this casting. No official word on who will play Emma’s Beast, but the hottest rumor is Ryan Gosling. Which just begs the question… how do you turn that man into a hideous beast?
To see my other blog posts click here.